CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Pie Edition


Today is Overwhelmed with Joy's Favorite Ingredients Friday. :) If you haven't visited her blog before, she hosts FIF every Friday and has lots of great recipes. I am not one for complicated recipes, but I LOVE baking, so when I saw it was a pie day, I knew that was right up my alley! The recipe that I am sharing is one from my grandmother (who passed away when I was in high school). She was a special lady and I remember eating this every Thanksgiving and Christmas we celebrated at their house. Now we enjoy it at my house!

Peanut Butter Pie

8 oz. cool whip, thawed
1/2 c. peanut butter
4 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. milk
9 in. graham cracker crust

Whip cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and peanut butter. Slowly add milk. Fold in cool whip. Fill crust and freeze for several hours.

This is really rich, so you can cut small slices! Also, if you want to make it a little lower in calories, you can use fat free cool whip and low fat/fat free cream cheese - it doesn't taste any different at all. Hope you enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. yummy!!! i might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hubby and kids will love this one, and i will too because it sounds easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a pie with only 6 ingredients, that's fantastic! I'll be trying this soon. :)

    Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Pie Edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!