CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eating the elephant...

One of my favorite bosses was this sweet lady that I worked for as a workstudy in college. She was the secretary to the head of the Education Department and I was an education major, so she was always so sweet to me. We had this huge stack of papers that never seemed to get smaller that I had to file. I told her one day that I didn't think I would finish filing that before I graduated (and I was a freshman). :) She asked me, "How do you eat an elephant?" I laughed and told her that I didn't know. She smiled and said, "One bite at a time."

Well...the holidays are over and it's time to start eating the elephant. I majorly pigged out all over Christmas break. Name a dessert - I probably ate it. I don't have a scale in my house for good reasons but I can guess I probably gained 5 pounds or more. To top it all off, I ordered new clothes from several places online and some of them don't fit or they don't fit well. I am MAD. So...when I couldn't sleep this morning at 5 am, I laid there until 5:30 and then decided to get up and go jogging. Yeah...those of you who know me personally are probably dead of laughter right now. I don't think I have jogged since high school but I just felt like doing it. Not walking....jogging! Who cares that it was raining at 5:30 this morning? I grabbed a hoodie, my sneakers, and my dignity and started jogging. I made it about halfway down the street before my jog turned into a brisk powerwalk. I made it three times through the neighborhood before my legs started aching and I realized that my pants were soaking wet. Now, here I sit on the couch with my legs hurting SO BAD and my back killing me. I did make it through the whole day without a dessert, which is a major accomplishment considering what I have eaten over the past few weeks. This elephant sure doesn't taste very good.

4 comments:

  1. i am so proud of you! i couldn't jog if my life depended on it... so you go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you girl..keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I ate all kinds of crazy crap this holiday season and lots of it too. I have been walking every night. You are braver than me, if its raining, I skip it! Keep up the good work girl. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Send me some of that enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!