CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 6, 2009

This blog is brought to you today by the number 2 and the letter V

Great Sesame Street reference there, huh? Yeah, that's how I learned to read. I still adore Sesame Street and would watch it right now if it was on.

Recently I learned a sad, sad fact. My child will never follow in my footsteps and continue the female teaching tradition of our family. I know you are dying to know why. Here's the story...

V LOVES her name. Mostly, she LOVES her first letter. Any time we see anything with a V, she gets so excited and points it out to us. Recently, we started yelling out "V!" whenever we watch "Wheel of Fortune" because it cracks her up so badly.

The other day I was watching my niece M. She is almost 8 months old and is very vocal, so we were driving in the car and she was singing in her little baby talk. I told V she should sing back to her. She wasn't sure what to sing, so I suggested the ABC song. Here's how she sang it,

"A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P"
I was pretty proud at this point because she distinctly pronounced the L-P part which I am a real stickler about. It stinks to have a teacher for a mom. Then she started the next part:

"Q, R, S, T, U, VEEEEEEEEEEEE"
The V was sang in this high pitched squealy, "Oh, I just love myself!" kind of voice. Here is where I had to bite my lip (see yesterday's post if you don't know what I am talking about.)

"W, X, Y, and Z. Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me."

I just cannot in good conscience let that girl go out into the world and teach kindergarteners their alphabet like that. She doesn't want to be a teacher anyway...she wants to work with her daddy on computers at "his college." I guess she will follow in one of our footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!