CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Look like the flower, but be the smoker underneath

Last week, one of my students gave me this beautiful origami rose. It was folded and fashioned with this sparkly, shiny silver paper. I oohed and aaahed over it and put it on my bookshelf, promising my sweet student to keep it forever. Today while my kids were playing on the playground, that same sweet little girl came over and was chatting with me. Here's a recap of our conversation...

Student: "Mrs. P, you know the flower I gave you for your birthday?"

Me: "Yes, of course! I love it! I still can't believe that you made it. You are very talented!"

Student: "Well, actually, my Nanny made it for you but I helped."

Me: "Well, that was very sweet of you both."

Student: "Want to know how we made it?"

Me: "Sure!"

Student: "Well, you know the shiny paper inside a cigarette box?"

Me: (hesitating, not sure where this is going): "Uh huh..."

Student: "Well, my Nanny saved all of those from my Papa's cigarettes and taped them together to make that flower for you!" (said with this big beaming smile)

Me: (biting lip HARD): Thank you again...that was just so sweet of you.

**Bonus points given to whoever can correctly identify the Shakespeare play that I grossly misquoted my title from (Tim, you are out since you helped me!)**

4 comments:

  1. That is funny. I am a bit ashamed to say that I do not know the Shakespeare play your title was created fromm...*heading head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..Im having a panic attack..I cant get into sna. Its a blank page. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny!

    No idea about the play either... and I was an English major=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so pitifully sweet! :-) i guess it is the thought that counts right!?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!