CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

I am THAT mom

First of all, the play that line from my last post came from was "Macbeth." The true line was "Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Kudos to you guys for trying to figure it out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I was in high school, I worked in an educational toy store. One of the amazing things our store offered was free gift wrapping. The store was in the same shopping center as the Chuck E. Cheese. You probably see where this is going. Every Saturday, you would get the mom with the kids in tow popping in to grab a gift, pay quickly and have it wrapped before the party started at good ol' Chuck's. I always wondered why they waited until the last minute to buy a gift. I am the kind of person that likes to think out a gift that I am going to give...spending lots of time making sure it is just the right thing for that person. I usually get a gift several days or even a week ahead of time - that way I have time to wrap it (my favorite part!) and have it ready before the big event.

Today, V had a birthday party for a little boy in her class. I ran into Target about 15 minutes before the party, grabbed two Bakugan toys, a 99 cent card, and a gift bag (I brought my own tissue paper in the car!) and rushed back out to the car. V signed the card while I wrapped the gifts and I realized - I am THAT mom now. When did that happen? I only wish that Target offered free gift wrapping because - I would have SO taken them up on that.

4 comments:

  1. i have always been that mom LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can relate, I never thought Id be that mom either, but there are times when I definitely am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I've been guilty of being "that" mom before. Sometimes, life just gets too busy to be as organized and thoughtful as we'd like. :)

    So, I wanted to let you know that I just published my April "Pay It Forward" book exchange and one of my giveaways is the newest book, "Handle With Care" by Jodi Picoult. I finished reading it this week and it was AWESOME! She does such a great job with character development.

    If you're interested in entering to win, please just publish a quick post sometime before 25 Apr (when I'm drawing my winners) letting your readers know about my giveaway and then sign up on my Mr. Linky list.

    If you're feeling ambitious, you can even host your own Pay It Forward book giveaway and link it back up to my post.

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!