CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Girl drama

Today V brought home a less than desirable grade from school. For some reason, third grade has been challenging for her and her attitude about school has been far from enthusiastic, which is a surprise considering that she adored school until this year. She wasn't happy when I discovered the quiz grade in her papers - she told me she hoped I would "forget" to look at them and just sign. Yeah, that's NEVER.GOING.TO.HAPPEN. Sorry, kid.

So, anyway, I told her that I was very disappointed about her grades and proceeded to look at the errors she made. All of them were careless, sloppy errors which just showed that she was in a hurry and didn't take her time. This isn't the first time this has happened this year, so she knew what was coming next. I told her she was grounded from all things electronic until her grades came back up. Well...you would have thought I told her that she would never see the light of day again. She turned around, stomped out of the kitchen, stomped up the stairs, stomped into her bedroom, and proceeded to throw herself onto her bed and wail pitifully like a hurt animal. I almost started laughing - did she really think that would make me change my mind? She usually tries to talk her way out of it but I guess she thought she had a new trick up her sleeve. I walked upstairs and told her I would be happy to talk to her once she calmed down but I didn't want to hear her screech so I was shutting her door. She yelled down the hall, "Well, I really don't think it's fair that I am grounded for just ONE grade!" I told her again I would be happy to talk to her once she came down.

Once she calmed down and realized her huge overreaction, she of course apologized and morphed back into her normal, sweet self. Of course, she did say that she was glad the dog loved her because she didn't ground her because of grades. Heaven help us in a few years...teenage V looks like she is just going to be LOVELY. Please start praying for us now.

Tim seems to think teen years are going to be (his words exactly) FUN. Say an extra prayer for the dear boy, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!