CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Biting my lip...

I recently read a great book about teaching that said teachers have to bite their lips a lot. Basically, we hear all kinds of funny things (because as you know, kids say ANYTHING!) and of course we don't want to laugh AT them, so we bite our lips and share later with fellow teachers after school. :) Parents, if you are reading this, you probably know the 1/2 rule about teachers and kids. I tell my parents, "I'll believe about 1/2 of what they tell me about you if you believe about 1/2 of what they tell you about me." Haha! My daughter is one of those who tells EVERYTHING about her day at school and her teachers. I know all of their kids names, what they did on the weekend, what their favorite things are, etc etc etc.

Anyway, today V did something that made me bite my lip because of how completely blond she can be sometimes. She is doing a writing assignment because they are starting standardized testing and they are practicing for the test. The assignment is to write a letter to the principal stating why you think they should or should not have to wear uniforms. V's reasons against uniforms were that they cost a lot of money to buy at the costume shop and if you wore your police or nurse outfit to school, your uniform could get dirty. YA'LL - she thought it meant PROFESSIONAL uniforms.

I am going to pause and let you crack up laughing.

I had to explain to her that the assignment meant SCHOOL uniforms and what school uniforms were like and then she had to re-do it because her reasons didn't make sense (of course!) She is still anti-uniform. Her major reason why: because God made us all different and He wouldn't want us to all dress the same.

My sweet, sweet blond girl.

2 comments:

Leave me some love!