CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Invasion of the body snatchers

Tonight something really creepy happened. I got home from my graduate class and was greeted by my girl running and screaming my name. What a way to come home! :) Anyway, I had picked up Chick-fil-a on the way home for dinner. Usually by the time I come home, Tim and V are both starving and V LOVES Chick-fil-a, so I figured she would eat quickly and we could have some time to read before bed. About 15 minutes BEFORE her bedtime, after playing around with her food and generally just being really silly, I told her she could finish her dinner or go to bed. Without an argument, she got up, hugged both of us, climbed into her bed, and closed her eyes. She told me she was really tired. I can't remember a time that my child has EVER uttered those words. Then she told me her head hurt and she was cold - despite wearing thermal pj's and a sweatshirt and our house temperature being set at 68 degrees. She also started coughing. One of two possible things has occurred at my house tonight.

Option 1- Body snatchers have come, stolen my child, and replaced her with this zombie creature. She sure is obedient but she lacks the spunk and personality that my V possesses.

Option 2 - Sickness is about to afflict this househould. Considering V told me that her teacher didn't take them out to recess because it was cold and her class is recovering from all their "diseases", this is definitely a plausible option.

Heaven help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!