CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Cryptic Valentine card

One of my sweet 2nd graders gave me this Valentine on Friday. It was a beautiful card, hand-made with felt and silk flowers and jewels. The kind of card that every elementary school teacher dreams of getting. The kind that you get warm fuzzies from because you know that child made (MADE) a card just for you. I just beamed over that card. In all my years of teaching, I have never had such a sweet, hand-made card. The outside said "Happy Valentine's Day" in purple marker. The inside read, "Roses are red, violets are blue, you're the greatest teacher I ever knew!" That card just made my day....until I got home and started talking to Tim about it. I raved about the card. I read it to him. He looked at me and said, "I'm going to miss you." I looked at him like he was crazy. He smiled and said, "She said you were the best teacher she ever knew. You must be going to die soon." I thought, "Huh???" He laughed and said, "She said you were the best teacher she ever KNEW...as in past tense."

Here's hoping her Valentine isn't an omen for the future. :)

3 comments:

  1. Only Tim would bust your bubble!!! Bad Tim Bad Tim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cute poem! ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet sweet card. tim just cracks me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!